The Legal Partner That Indiana And Michigan Dental Professionals Trust
Dental professionals do have unique business and legal issues and are best served by advisors with a thorough understanding of their profession.
At R. Lee & Associates, P.C., our attorneys regular serve as the trusted advisors to dental professionals on both business and personal legal matters, with a dedication to understanding the unique and changing issues these individuals face. Our team represents general dentists and dental specialists throughout Indiana and Michigan.
We have extensive experience working with other advisors focused on serving dental professionals, including accountants, lenders, financial advisors, real estate advisors, equipment and supply vendors, practice brokers, and construction and office design consultants. We often serve as a resource to our clients to connect them with the appropriate advisor. We are very comfortable working as part of a team to ensure our clients receive the most comprehensive advice. Our intention is to be a long term, valuable member of the dental professional’s team by providing timely, insightful legal advice and benefiting our clients from our substantial experience counseling other dental professionals.
Resolving Legal Issues That Arise Throughout Our Clients’ Careers
Our law practice is designed to serve the various needs of the dental professional throughout their career. We regularly review and negotiate employment and independent contractor agreements for those just entering the dental profession.
In the early development of practices, we work closely with our clients on:
- Practice start-ups
- Entity formations
- Practice purchases
- Practice buy-ins and
- Real Estate lease agreements.
As dental practices grow and thrive, we serve as counsel to clients on matters involving:
- Entity maintenance
- Dispute resolution
- Real estate transactions, representing parties interested in buying or selling dental offices or the real estate to build a dental office
- Partner and shareholder agreements
Finally, when it comes time to transition the dental practice, we provide essential guidance to clients on developing and executing the proper exit plan.
Addressing Personal Needs Through A Customized Estate Plan
Personally for dental professionals, we develop appropriate estate plans based on each dentist’s distinct desires, goals and objectives. In our estate and trust planning practice, we guide clients through the process and properly address items such as:
- Asset protection and distribution
- Care for children and other family members
- Business succession
- The proper selection of fiduciaries
Regularly Serving As Legal Resources In The Community
As frequent speakers at dental schools, groups and organizations, we enjoy sharing information on the current legal issues faced by dental professionals.
Recent presentations include:
- January 26, 2022 – IDDS 4th Year Transition Workshop
- February 16, 2022 – IU School of Dentistry Practice Administration Course Presentation
- February 19, 2022 – IDDS Transitioning Into Practice Workshop
- October 10, 2022 – IUSD Expert Panel Event
- January 13, 2023 – Riley Children’s Hospital, Department of Pediatric Dentistry: Transitioning into Practice
- February 2, 2023 – Indiana University School of Dentistry: Transitioning into Practice Workshop
- April 12, 2023 – IU School of Dentistry Practice Administration Course Presentation
Learn More About Our Extensive Range Of Services Today
Whatever stage you are in your dental career, our attorneys have the legal insight to help you pursue your goals. Consult with us and learn how we can help you achieve your goals. Please complete our online intake form or call 317-597-5880 to arrange a private consultation with an experienced attorney.